Interview with the 14 year talent Aron Teh Eu Wen


Aron Teh Eu Wen is only 14 years of age, but he is already Malaysia’s National Chess Champion by winning the the National Closed Chess Championship 2013 held in Kuala Terengganu.

The young Malaysian chess player, who was born in Ipoh, Perak on 15 December 1998, easily confesses he loves chess. He is of course currently playing in the Indonesia Open Chess Championship (IOCC) 2013 and this is his first time here.

IOCC info: Round 1 report / Round 2 report / Live games / Results and pairings

Chessdom: How has your journey in chess been so far? You must have started very young. Why did you choose chess?

Aron: I find chess to be a challenge and that is why I enjoy it so much. The variations are both complex and unlimited in possibilities. Yes, I have studied chess from a very young age.
Theresa: I taught him the moves at five years of age.

Chessdom: What is your target in chess?

Aron: I have no specific target, just to play the best I can.

Chessdom: From a very young age you have been playing in tournaments. In fact you have played many tournaments already. Which among them are unforgettable?

Aron: Must be the National Championship which I won because that is my best result to date.

Chessdom: How does your chess affect your life?

Aron: Chess takes up all my time so I don’t have time for school work. But on the other hand chess has both strengthened and increased my memory and helped my concentration.

Chessdom:
Do you do any other sport?

Aron: I play badminton, table tennis, even do some fencing but nothing serious, just for fun only.

Theresa: Aron also does regular physical activities to ensure he is able to play chess well.

Chessdom:
Do you have a favorite chess player?

Aron: Probably Levon Aronian.

Chessdom:
What are your impressions of IOCC 2013?

Aron: This tournament is incredibly strong and this is the first time I am playing here. For sure the competition is very good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment